Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Map: North Carolina Cat Story



















My very first cat came from North Carolina. Years ago, fresh out of art school, I worked in the art department of a golf trade magazine. One nice perk was that I was able to assist on a golf fashion photo shoot at Pinehurst Resort. (Talk about luxurious... too bad I don't golf!)

We were shooting in the stables one day, where a barn cat had recently had kittens. The hair and makeup woman fell in love! She managed to bring a kitten home in an open box on the plane. (Can you imagine that happening now?) But after about a week back in Connecticut she decided she couldn't handle him any more-- so I took him. His name was Bandit, he was shiny and black, and he was one of the sweetest cats I've ever known.

(*Note: Pinehurst isn't located in Carrboro. Actually, Carrboro has nothing to do with this story, apart from the fact that it is in North Carolina. A tenuous connection, but, hey-- it's Monday.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great map! I love the expressive way you use colour in your maps.

Jennifer Thermes said...

Thanks, Eric! They're fun to do.