Monday, December 3, 2007

I've Been... What?

Tagged for a meme. I had no idea what that meant until a few days ago. I was tagged by Wizards Wireless to participate in a meme called "7 Things About Me" after I commented on her post called "Advice for Beginning Bloggers." (That would be me, a beginner. And it's a terrific post.) It sounded like fun, so why not?

How it works:

1) Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, here goes:

Seven Things About Me

1) I am an early bird. I love getting up really early in the morning (say, 5 am) with a cup of coffee and a book, before the rush to get the kids off to school.

2) I like people with weird senses of humor. (Especially my kids.)

3) I think that all the answers to everything can be found in books. Which is why I keep reading.

4) I adore foreign things. (Music, languages, people, accents...) Even got married due to the accent...

5) My least favorite word is-- intolerance.

6) When I was two years old I was sick with meningitis. (The bad, in a coma kind.) I don't remember anything about it, but I often think about how hard it must have been for my parents, who were very young at the time. And also how different our lives could have been. (I know people who are deaf and blind because of it.) But then I think about how many things can change the course of a person's life. I find it strangely fascinating.

7) I buy notebooks almost obsessively. Not expensive ones. Just cheap, everyday, grocery-store-type ones. They're so... tempting.

So, here are seven blogs that I'll tag, in no particular order: Children's Illustration, Through the Studio Door, Wordswimmer, Revision Notes, John Nez Illustration, Greetings From Nowhere, Reading, Writing, and Chocolate.

Some I know and others are blogs I've come across and like. I have to admit that I feel kind of funny tagging people I don't know. But if they don't want to take part, that's okay. You'll still get to check out their blogs. And if anyone else wants to join in-- feel free!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jen!
Man, meningitis is scary. Your poor parents!

Susan Kusel said...

Jennifer- What a great list! Thanks for doing the meme.

And now that you know what a meme is, you'll see them everywhere. =)

And I agree, I felt a little funny tagging people I didn't know. But it's a great way to get to know people.
-Susan

Jennifer Thermes said...

Julie- Yes, scary. I was lucky to have no side effects. (Other than a warped sense of humor perhaps...)

Susan- You're right-- I'm glad I tried it!

-Jennifer