Monday, February 20, 2012

2012 Bologna Children's Book Fair

























I'm super excited to say that my submission to the SCBWI Illustration Display Portfolio at the 2012 Bologna Children's Book Fair has been accepted! Above is the piece that will be included in the portfolio of member illustrators work. It was Sunday morning happy-dance-time here when the email arrived yesterday!

Now, wouldn't it be lovely if the Illustration Fairy dropped a plane ticket to Italy in my mailbox...

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

WOW!! Congratulations. That is wonderful news.

Julie Hedlund said...

Congratulations! I am going to be in Bologna, so if you tell me where this is going to be, I'll take a photo for you! :-)

Jennifer Thermes said...

Genevieve, thank you!

And Julie... Oh wow, that is so sweet of you! SCBWI will have a booth area, and I think it should be in a portfolio with other illustrators... I'm not sure how they plan on displaying them. Have a super great time, and thank you SO much!!! I'd love to hear about your experience over there. :-)